Around March 17, nicolaleonie, at Tenthousandladybirds graciously nominated me for the Leibster Award. I was not purposely avoiding the challenge. In fact it has been bothering me that I did not follow through yet. Yes I am kind of weird like that. So here goes.
The Liebster Award is for blogs with under 200 hundred followers. For some that would be disappointing. For me it makes things more personal. Sort of like your favorite band playing in a small club compared to Gillette Stadium. A much stronger connection.
Since I have chosen to accept this prestigious award I must follow a few rules. They are as follows:
1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
AND WE ARE OFF
1. Thank you nicolaleonie at Thenthousandladybirds The award is proudly displayed front and center when you first arrived.
2. The questions:
1. What made you want to start your blog? I don’t think I ever “wanted to” start. I think I needed to. People had been telling me for a while that I needed to have a blog for when I would rant and rave about something that was irking me that day. I took their advice, even though I think they just wanted me to shut up and go away.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you be? I have been contemplating this recently. Not because I can afford to just live anywhere I want, but because I want to be able to afford to just live anywhere I want. The answer is by the ocean. Since I have only experience with the Atlantic my place would be somewhere on the East Coast. After the long 6 month winter we just had I think south of here would be good. Possibly the Carolina’s or northern Georgia coast.
3. Who would you like to play you in the movie of your life? Sandra Bullock. Don’t know why, but she just pops into mind right away.
4. What’s the last book you read? No last yet, I’m still alive and reading. The one I most recently finished was Hunting The Moon by Becca Boucher. If that link doesn’t work Go to Amazon and find it. Well worth it.
5. Favourite time of day? 4:15 P.M.
6. What is your earliest memory? My father bringing me to a Hula Hoop contest at Webster Square Plaza and not letting me stay to the end because I was too little. Mind you if I remember this correctly my mother had just had my younger brother, which would have made me four years old at the time. Imagine the nerve of my dad being a parent and not letting me stay out late.
7. What would you say is your biggest achievement in life so far? Four grown children who are not currently incarcerated.
8. What is your greatest fear? Life totally passing me by.
9. Which of your physical features would you say is the best? My eyes
10. What is your guilty pleasure? I’ll never tell.
11. What’s your fancy dress costume of choice? Not sure what that means so I will pass and go to one of the “just for luck” questions.
What is your happiest memory? Holding my new babies for the first time.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I don’t remember what my hair color used to be.
2. I love love love chocolate.
3. My OCD is getting worse as I get older.
4. I love being near the water, but do not swim.
5. I wanted to have 12 children.
6. I would love to live in a motor home and drive around the country going to concerts.
7. I hate shopping.
8. I’m not very girly.
9. I miss riding my motorcycle.
10. I love a good ole fashioned book in my hands.
11. My husband is the love of my life.
I am having a hard time finding blogs with less than 200 readers, so i will just ask some questions and anyone who would like to answer can do so. I refuse to keep this in my drafts any longer.
1. Do you remember your very first love?
2. What is your dream vehicle?
3. What song best describes you?
4. What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in public?
5. What is your dream job?
6. Digital reader or paper?
7. What is your favorite season?
8. Do you have a bucket list?
9. Are you best in the morning or late night?
10. Do you believe in Angels?
11. What would you request for your last meal?
So there you have it. All that is left is spell check and a quick preview before I hit publish. I hope I have done the award justice.