Week Revisited

If someone else were to share this with me I would think it would make a great sitcom episode.  This is no sitcom however; it is my week revisited.

Monday: Not sure I remember that day. Vague wisps of first day back from vacation. Mom’s eye specialist in the morning, driving way up in Winchendon for the afternoon.  Oh yea, we went and picked up the free exercise bike.  :- )

Tuesday: Phone call at 3:50, that’s A.M., from my boss. Driving another MT route and need to be out of the house in less than an hour.  Drove about 4 1/2 hours before getting back home only to drive up town to pick up my tax returns and have my low fuel light come on. Perfect! The only gas station in town was closed. Coasted back down hill to the drive through at the bank only to blow a hole in one of my brake line. Luckily I came to a stop before crossing the little shrub island and cutting off cars at the Dunkin’s drive through.  Where I can tell you I would have ordered a couple dozen donuts, bagels, and blueberry muffins.  Diet be damned!
Managed to get the car home on “E” with very little brakes.  Low gear is wonderful.

Wednesday: Back up and out the door by 4:45. After driving the morning routes I made a trip, with another driver, over to the garage to bring a bus back to the yard, and started preparing mentally for the snow they were predicting.  This storm was scheduled to start between 2 and 4 in the afternoon. Just as schools were releasing.  Yea!!

Oh did I mention that our bathroom really started smelling like mold? So bad it is hard to be in there.  Dread has come over my husband and myself.  We dealt with black mold in the bathroom a couple of years ago.  Had to get a pro in there to remove and treat the wood. Cost over 4 grand to have the work done. This time around we can’t find the source and the thought of having to go through that again is really depressing.  Not to mention, my car has no brakes and the roof of the house needs to be replaced.

So here it is Wednesday afternoon and the storm came a wee bit early. By the time MT released, the roads were a mess in two of the towns where I had to drive. It took me until 5 pm just to get the kids home and back to the yard to pick up MY bus.  Half hour later I was at my driveway but couldn’t get the bus in. Not a good way to end the day. I ended up driving down the street, turning around, and using low gear to get up the street and into my driveway.  Just made it.  Rear end of the bus just far enough off the road to not get clipped by plows.  I’m so good.

Thursday: Animals refuse to let me sleep in so I was still up at 4 am. Husband also feeling energetic this morning so by 7 we were on all fours, noses pressed to the bathroom floor, searching for the source of the mold smell.  Like two hound dogs we hunted.  All we managed to do was feel sick from the smell.
After ripping up part of the floor, removing the heat so we could check behind the wainscoting, taking apart the vanity, and removing and washing the plumbing, we thought we had found it.  We opened the window to let the fresh air and snow in, closed the door and waited.
About 10 minutes later we opened the door and it smelled so much better.  We figured the plumbing had been the problem. Meanwhile the smell was lingering in the hall.  We just assumed it was from us opening and closing the bathroom door.  We opened doors and windows in the kitchen.  Still the smell was there.  It was during a trip down the hall my husband looked down and noticed a sponge in the cleaning supplies.  He picked it up and almost fell over.  The sponge stunk!! The whole time it was one stupid sponge. How dumb did we feel. The sponge! Geez!
Now we could get dressed and go tackle shoveling the heavy wet snow in the driveway. Love having a day off.

Friday: Finally a day went right. Drove three easy routes in the morning and covered them again in the afternoon. The weather was fine and the kids were well-behaved. I was home for the night by 4:30.  I made it. The work week was over and I could relax for a few hours.

That was last week.  As you can tell I couldn’t even manage to get this written and posted before Monday morning.  Weeks like that make me crazy. This week will be better. I can feel it.


About ramblinann

I live in Massachusetts and always have. I sell healthy holistic pet food as an independant rep with Life's Abundance. That is done mostly from home on my computer. When I'm not working for myself with the pet food, I am sitting behind the wheel of a big yellow school bus.
This entry was posted in All In A Day and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s